Thames Valley businesses recognised in Queen’s Award for Enterprise – 2016
A number of Thames Valley businesses have been recognised in the most recent Queen’s Awards for Enterprise 2016, published 21st April. The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are the UK’s most prestigious business awards, given only to companies or individuals who are outstanding in their field. Now in its 50th year the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce would like to take this opportunity of congratulating the (wider) regions award winners:
Queens Award for Innovation
- Content Guru Ltd (based in Bracknell) for the development and implementation of their cloud model product CONTACT.
- FISCAL Technologies Ltd (based in Reading) for its financial software package, used by corporations and government organisations, AP Forensics.
- Forces Support Ltd (based in Witney) for their novel provision of bereavement support to the families of service personnel.
- MR Solutions Ltd (based in Guildford) for the development of a preclinical MRI scanner which no longer requires liquid helium cooling.
- Sesame Access Systems Ltd (based in Byfleet) for reinventing the wheelchair lift for entry into buildings.
- Sesui Ltd (based in Oxford) for its cloud-based contact centre, iPlatform.
- White Brothers Ltd (based in Witney) for developing a commercial model for sourcing and supplying new products to charity retail organisations throughout the UK.
Queens Award for International Trade
- Access All Areas Ltd (based in Wooburn Green) provides musical heritage tours and events, exploring popular music history by theme, genre or specific artist and wins the award for its outstanding growth in selected overseas markets, notably Latin America.
- Benchmark Geophysical Consulting Limited (based in Farnham) provides experienced management, operations and quality control consultants to the seismic (oil and gas) industry and wins the award in recognition of outstanding growth in overseas sales (by 224% ) in the past three years.
- CGC Technology Limited provides custom solutions for special purpose industrial projects within the Medical, Vacuum Science, Aerospace & Defence and Power Distribution sectors, including the field of satellite antennae and ground stations. The company wins the award for its outstanding growth (of 292%) in international sales over the last three years.
- David Harber Ltd (based in Aston Upthorpe, Oxfordshire) specializes in the design and manufacture of high value tailored or bespoke sundials, sculptures
- and water features and wins the award in recognition of its outstanding growth in overseas earnings over the last three years (including increasing its proportion of overseas sales from 22.6% to 40.3%).
- Dog Rocks UK Distribution Ltd (based in Maidenhead) sells an Australian product, which prevents pet urine burn patches on lawns, grass and hedges. The company has since added more pet products and services to its range. The business wins the award in recognition of this outstanding growth which has seen exports grow by 273% and its proportion of overseas to total sales has grown from 14.6% to 44% over the past three years.
- Double First Ltd (based in Newbury) is a developer of accounting and administration software for use in UK independent schools. Double First demonstrated outstanding sales growth internationally over the last three years for which they win this award.
- Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd (based in High Wycombe) develops both hardware and software for musicians in the global recording industry. In recognition of the company’s continued outstanding achievement – increasing overseas sales by £10m over the last three years – Focusrite wins this award.
- Litre Meter (based in North Marston, Buckinghamshire) designs, manufactures and supplies flow meters, instrumentation, sensors and supporting spares. The firm have won this award in recognition of growing overseas sales, including markets in China, of 170% over the last three years with an increase in overall sales and profitability. The proportion of sales exported has increased to 65% of total sales.
- Lund Halsey Console Systems Ltd (based in Aylesbury) designs and manufactures control room consoles, desks and display equipment for broadcasting, security, energy and air traffic control sectors. The company has won this award in recognition of the firms exports to the Middle East, Russia and Asia contributing a growth in sales of over 50%. The proportion of sales exported has increased to 84% of total sales.
- Moo Free Ltd (based in Reading) manufacture chocolate products, free from dairy, wheat, gluten and soya, and certified vegan and is now a market leader for dairy free “milk” chocolates in UK, Ireland, Spain, Australia and other countries. Overseas sales have grown by over 200% over the last three years with an increase in UK employees, profitability and overall sales. The proportion of sales exported has increased to over 30% of total sales.
- OpTek Systems (based in Abingdon) has won this award for continuous outstanding overseas sales over six years. The company has developed new laser micro manufacturing solutions.
- Oxford Royale Academy (based in Oxford) has won this award for outstanding overseas sales growth over three years. The company is the largest summer school provider in Oxford with 95% of its business international with clients from over 100 countries worldwide. Sales have grown year on year over three years by a total of 38% from £5.2 million to 7.2 million.
- Porterhouse Medical Ltd (based in Reading) is a medical communications agency who have won this award for outstanding growth in overseas sales (over 300%) over three years and now account for over 60% of total turnover.
- Stateside Skates Ltd (based in Amersham) design and manufacture sports, specialising in roller skates, skateboards, longboards and scooters. The company has received this award in recognition of conscious efforts to expand its export sales which now account for over £4 million of sales – approximately 46% of their annual turnover.
- Talacrest 2000 AD Limited (based in Bracknell) specialises in selling the rarest and most valuable classic cars and is the world’s leading specialist in selling classic Ferraris. It wins the award for continuous growth in overseas earnings, which have grown from £433,000 in 2010 to £59.3 million in the year to March 2015.
Queens Award for Sustainable Development
- Seacourt Ltd (based in Oxford) delivers high quality printed material with the lightest environmental impact and wins this award for 20 years commitment to sustainable development, demonstrating continuous achievement and an ability to re-think the approach rather than simply relying on improved efficiency of existing technologies. Seacourt Limited also received an award in this category in 2007 and 2011.