Funding available for groundbreaking aerospace technologies
Thames Valley SMEs can apply for a share of £2.5 million to develop innovative technologies that could win new business in the aerospace sector.
The National Aerospace Technology Exploitation Programme (NATEP) has £10 million to support small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) developing innovative technologies for the UK aerospace industry. The funding is from the £3.9 billion UK Aerospace Technology Institute programme, a partnership between government and industry managed by Innovate UK, the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
The competition aims to help SMEs to develop technologies that win new business in the UK aerospace sector. The industry has a turnover of £35 billion and directly employs 123,000 people, but needs to keep innovating to stay ahead in global markets.
Projects should be in line with one of the technology streams in the UK aerospace technology strategy, Raising Ambition:
- aircraft of the future
- smart, connected and more electric aircraft
- aerostructures of the future
- propulsion of the future
Please note that the strategy is being revised, and new categories could be added before the competition closes.
- the competition opens on 21 October 2019, and the closing date is 4 December 2019
- projects must be led by an SME
- projects could range in size between £100,000 and £300,000
- businesses could get up to 50% of their costs
- an online briefing event will be held on 29 October 2019
Find out more about this competition and how to apply here.
See also the regular ATI call for expressions of interest here.